MS-III
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
  Great News!!
I received word the other day that I was appointed to the Medical Student Council of the Emergency Medicine Residents Association (EMRA) as a regional coordinator for Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico! I was so excited! I applied for this position a couple of months ago and have been waiting for news ever since.

Hooray for me!!

What does this mean? Well, basically I am now part of an organization dedicated to spreading the word about Emergency Medicine and coordinating the medical school interest groups in the above-mentioned states and providing them information about EM and EMRA. We also coordinate and organize the residency fair at the American College of Emergency Physicians Scientific Assembly in Washington, D.C. this September. Basically, we try to get as many residency programs to come and show their wares at the Scientific Assembly so the students can get a glimpse of what they are all about: what the program offers, the format of the program, patient population and volume, etc. We also encourage student research and increased education about EM topics in medical school curricula.

Check out the EMRA website for more information about what we do and what we are all about.

Ok, I'm done advertising for now. I just wanted to share the good news.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is an online accounting of my experiences as a 3rd year Osteopathic medical student. The words here may be blunt and not altogether P.C., but I was never really one for political correctness. Regardless, get ready for the wild ride that is "Medical School - Year 3" Sounds sort of like one of those TLC series' doesn't it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger