MS-III
Saturday, October 02, 2004
  Blah
Lately, I've become stricken with what I can only describe as the "blahs."

I'm sure you've heard of them - when no matter how much (or how little) you sleep, you always feel completely worn down. When no matter how much you have to do, you never want to do any of it.

Yeah. That's me - for like the past 3 weeks.

I don't know what's up lately. I was sick as all hell last weekend. I didn't remember what dry heaves felt like until last saturday and sunday - it had been that long. But it all came back to me in a flash of bad memories.

I wonder if I have mono or something. The thing is, I don't really have any other symptoms - fatigue, malaise... nothing else. No fever, cough, sore throat, weight loss (I wish), chills, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting (except for last weekend), adenopathy, rash... nothing to suggest an organic cause.

And then I was reading about fatigue today in my Blueprints for Family Medicine book - it told me that the majority of fatigue is psychological and stressful situations make one much more prone to be fatigued than not. So, I guess I've diagnosed myself with 3rd year medical student syndrome (3MSS).

I think I might write an article for JAMA or something. Or maybe I'll try to find some tenderpoints and write the article for the JAOA instead - oh wait.. I want people to take it seriously. JAMA or NEJM it is. :)

Not that I have anything against the JAOA - it makes a really good liner for the recycling container. Really, now - if you're going to publish a magazine, at least make it useful.

Ok. I'm done. I'm not feeling too good and my cynicism is showing (stronger than usual). Good night all, have a great weekend.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is an online accounting of my experiences as a 3rd year Osteopathic medical student. The words here may be blunt and not altogether P.C., but I was never really one for political correctness. Regardless, get ready for the wild ride that is "Medical School - Year 3" Sounds sort of like one of those TLC series' doesn't it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger