MS-III
Sunday, September 19, 2004
  Some Thoughts
Just a couple of things I've been pondering:

Why are there no prostate cancer prevention walks and/or foundations? Mars candy corporation has recently decided to make pink and white M&Ms to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer prevention foundation. I want to know why they don't make prostate shaped M&Ms and money go to research and prevention. Even better, why not have a testicular cancer prevention corporation. Mars can make penis and scrotum shaped M&Ms to celebrate the event.

I love weekends off. Family has the BEST schedule! 8-5, 5 days a week.. And as a student - no pager or calls at night. Life is good.

Of course, I have to lead a discussion on the latest and greatest in hypertension diagnosis and treatment. So I've been pouring over JNC 7 recommendations and emedicine to "refresh" myself on this all to large a subject. Not that I'm complaining - I love learning. Hell, that's a very large part of why I came back to school - I missed it. I really think I am one of those people that could go to school forever. Professional student... If I kept half-time, I'd never have to pay back the loans. An idea is born...

not really.

I've been listening to Opie and Anthony alot lately. They are a couple of shock-jocks that were kicked off the air by the FCC after they were caught promoting a sex event in NYC. They've been off the air for 2 years now, but they are back and will be on XM radio starting the beginning of October. Now I have to get XM so I can listen to them. Or maybe the group of fans that have been digitizing all the old files will continue and I can get them offline. I'm freaking thrilled. I love OnA. Check them out at OpieandAnthony.com You can listen to some bits on OpieAnthony.net - check out the MP3 player on the left hand column.

They freaking rock!! Be warned that they are not NEARLY as PC as myself.

You were warned.

I'll write more later. I'm getting dinner ready.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is an online accounting of my experiences as a 3rd year Osteopathic medical student. The words here may be blunt and not altogether P.C., but I was never really one for political correctness. Regardless, get ready for the wild ride that is "Medical School - Year 3" Sounds sort of like one of those TLC series' doesn't it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger