MS-III
Monday, July 19, 2004
  Monday...
Damn, I hate mondays.

I woke up at 0430 so I could help Ashleigh get all her stuff ready to leave. That sucked (both the getting up so damn early and having Ashleigh leave). Then on top of that, I couldn't go back to sleep afterwards and so I laid in bed tossing and turning. Finally I gave up and got dressed and went up to the hospital.

While rounding on my patients, I kept having trouble getting my thoughts together. I don't know why. I figured I was just tired or something.

That is, of course, until I met up with the rest of the team and saw they were all that way.

"F'ing Monday" syndrome (FMS):

This is a complex of symptoms resulting from being on call the previous weekend and not getting any damn rest. Its signs and symptoms include:

Of course, I wasn't quite as bad off as some of the other guys - I don't know if they got as much sleep as I did on call. It's scary when the student is the most alert person on the team. That can mean things get very BAD very fast.

Fortunately, I think Dr. K noticed that we weren't really into rounding today, so we saw a few patients and then ended up finishing it up as table rounds. Of course, he had to get to clinic as well, but I don't really think that has anything to do with it.

So I'm off tomorrow. That'll be cool. I don't know what I should do with myself.

more to come...


 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is an online accounting of my experiences as a 3rd year Osteopathic medical student. The words here may be blunt and not altogether P.C., but I was never really one for political correctness. Regardless, get ready for the wild ride that is "Medical School - Year 3" Sounds sort of like one of those TLC series' doesn't it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger