MS-III
Monday, July 05, 2004
  Intro to Internal Medicine
Well, this morning we had our introduction to our Internal medicine clerkship - our first rotation of the year. I'm very excited. Most of my class is now in the clinics, but since the hospital at which I am to rotate considers today a holiday, I don't start until tomorrow. Hooray for me!

Of course, I'm still helping Ashleigh move all of her stuff for her 2 month rotation in Family Medicine there. She will be living in a hospital room for 2 months (and then 2 more months over the next 2 years as well) and she is absolutely thrilled about it, let me tell you!

Today has gone well - I learned that I will be on call every 4th night or so at LMNOP hospital, but I shouldn't have to work more than 30 hours straight.. a good thing, I think. Of course, after 24, what's the difference? But I should be very busy. I ordered a pager today (hopefully to arrive by the end of the week), so I'll have a means to be reached over the next year while I'm at clinic/hospital. Should prove easier than my cell phone - I don't want a bunch of residents to have my cell #.

Overall, I'm very excited. I should have fun, and hopefully learn a lot. Hopefully, I'll have time to do all this reading as well - we have 2 exams at the end of the 2 months that count for 50% of our grade. That makes it really easy to get carried away and spend all your time with your patients and not read what you're assigned. Just have to remember to read a couple hours a day so I can stay on top of things.

Well, off to help Ashleigh with her packing.

more to come...
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is an online accounting of my experiences as a 3rd year Osteopathic medical student. The words here may be blunt and not altogether P.C., but I was never really one for political correctness. Regardless, get ready for the wild ride that is "Medical School - Year 3" Sounds sort of like one of those TLC series' doesn't it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger