MS-III
Monday, July 12, 2004
  Back after a few days
Ok, so it's been 4 days since I posted anything... I had call and then slept for an entire day - so that's 2, then I went to spend some time with Ashleigh - that's another day, and I can't remember what happened to the other day.. oh wait.. that's today. Ok...

Everything is going really well - I think. All the residents tell me I'm doing well, so I'm taking their word for it. I'm really enjoying Internal Medicine. Of course, I've heard that people that go into EM generally like EVERYTHING anyway.. so it's not altogether surprising.

I had Sunday off, so that was the day I went to visit Ashleigh. We had a nice day.. that's just a very long drive to make twice in one day. It's over 3 hours each way - so about 7 hours in the car all told.

Today I went and visited my patient and picked up a bounce-back we discharged the other day. She is a sweet lady that has CHF. I think she'll be an interesting case.

Of course, there is my other patient - the medical conundrum. We can't manage to find anything wrong with her, except that she is bleeding from somewhere. No source yet, though. She came into the ED on last friday with h/h 4.4/17.. that's BAD. We gave her 4 units of blood and she came up to 7/24 or so... not as much as we expected for the amount of blood we gave. She should be closer to 10/30... it's a mystery.

anyway, I have call again tomorrow night... have to sleep so I can be ready for the long hours.

more to come....
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is an online accounting of my experiences as a 3rd year Osteopathic medical student. The words here may be blunt and not altogether P.C., but I was never really one for political correctness. Regardless, get ready for the wild ride that is "Medical School - Year 3" Sounds sort of like one of those TLC series' doesn't it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger